Skip to main content

Sarah + Phillip's Love Story


Sarah & Phillip Williams were recently married and we are so excited to share her love story!  She sent us these amazing photos and great insite into her wedding day and relationship with Phillip that we are excited to share with our fans.  {While reading their story, we couldn't stop oooing and ahhing so you will see some of that below...!}

Here is Sarah and Phillip's Love Story:

Our ceremony was held at The Harbo Chapel at Possum Kingdom Lake.  The chapel is very intimate and seats about a 100 people.  It has brushed wood floors, wall to wall floor length windows that open up to the surrounding patio and a woodsy area behind the venue.

Our reception was a few minutes down the road at Phillip's parents lake house right on Possum Kingdom Lake.  We had the tables set up in the grass close to the double level wood deck that we used as the Dance floor and area to serve our BBQ buffet style dinner.  {How intimate and special to have your special day at a property that is family owned!  It makes the wedding day that much more "you"!}

We had a bonfire in the back acre of the yard down by the lake :)  As the night continued and guests started to depart for the night, some of our awesome work friends set up a 3 table beer pong tournament for all the people ready to continue the fun!  
It was just one big celebration of love & friendship!  {Brilliant! :D}

{We asked Sarah: What was the best part of the wedding planning?}

The best part of the wedding planning was having my whole family involved.  We did a do-it-yourself approach and everybody had a hand in everything.  Friends and family all came up the day before and the day of to work their fingers to the bone!  My mom did all the flowers and my mother-in-law did the food.  My grandmas helped everywhere in between.  It was such a great feeling to have such an overwhelming support team.  {It certainly was a family affair!  I love all the special memories you all made while making this day come together!  Those moments with your mothers and grand-mothers will forever be part of your wedding album of moments to cherish.}



{From one bride to another, what advice would you give to other brides?}  It sounds cliche, but my best advice is "Don't stress and It really does go as fast as every says!".  Soak it all in and take mental note of everything.  It was a whirlwind and I was fighting being sick on my wedding day.  I went to lay down with my son to get him to sleep so I could go out and mingle.  I fell asleep for two hours! So, don't nap at your own reception! ;)

{Sarah shares the best part of her experience at Classy Concepts Bridal Boutique?  Sarah found not only her wedding dress and accessories with our store, but she also worked with us on her beautiful bridesmaid dresses too!  They are all so gorgeous.  It's really hard to pick a favorite picture...}
The ABSOLUTE best part of my experience at Classy Concepts was the feeling of being special and being treated with such a high level of customer service.  Many bridal stores I went into I felt like I was being pushed into making a decision just so I would buy a dress, but they couldn't give me the answers that were important to me. Classy Concepts & Sue took the time and worked with me on an individual basis to answer my questions in depth no matter how silly.  They all remembered details about me and my tastes and just made me feel like a bride SHOULD feel.  {Ahhh, that makes all of our day, Sarah!... especially me!  We know we aren't perfect- we are only human and aren't perfect all the time, but we sure do our best in hopes that our best is good enough for our customers.  It's so rewarding to hear that our hard work was appreciated and we certainly appreciate you being a joy in our lives!}
{What song did you dance to for your "first dance" at your reception?}  Our first dance was to Ray Lamontagne, "You are the Best Thing" {Oh man! I have a secret infatuation with Ray Lamontagne.  Zach introduced me to him at Austin City Limits one year when we lived in ATX.  Ray looked NOTHING like I pictured him to look in person... probably made me love his music even more... I watched him Poor out his heart on the microphone.  He is a true artist and this song is the perfect blend of passion for your husband, but also the happiness of the wonderful friendship that you share too.  Great choice!}

{How did this love story begin?} We met at Sam's Club, where we both work.  We became really good friends and leaned on each other for guidance in work decisions.  I left the company briefly, but we stayed in touch.  When Phillip had an opening in one of his departments, I came back and our friendship grew and grew.  I realized that I could not imagine being without him- we have this amazing respect for each other and a deep love that began with friendship.  It was an unmatched feeling!  I transferred departments and told him how I felt.  The rest is beautiful history. 
{Now that your wedding day is over... how is life after the wedding?}  We currently live in Saginaw, Texas in our beautiful home that is close to the parks for Bryce {their adorable son... who I might add has the BEST manners!} and our home is minutes from downtown Fort Worth for us.  {We loved getting to know Sarah, Phillip and Bryce!  Their entire family and friends were so much fun and we know God will bless this marriage and beautiful family!  We are so happy for all of you!}

Popular posts from this blog

Allegra: Feature Bride | Ava's Bridal Couture

A beautiful Catholic wedding with traditional Mexican flair best describes Allegra and Cesar’s wedding day. They said, “I Do” on May 28, 2016, and will forever cherish the memories made with their family and friends. Allegra had a vision for her wedding day, and it was our job to help her find a gown that would complement every other detail.  THE DRESS  After an unsuccessful bridal appointment at another shop, Allegra found herself at Ava’s. Feeling a bit discouraged, she explained her wants and needs to her consultant. She was looking for an all lace gown, white or off-white in color, a decent train, and some sort of sleeve. Kelly, her consultant, pulled several styles for Allegra, keeping her requests in mind, and throwing in a few other styles to reinforce her original requests. Allegra was pleasantly surprised to have loved a number of these gowns, but still reverted to a gown that almost matched her vision exactly; Allure Bridals’ Style #2800. This gorgeous s

Happy Mother's Day Wifey's!

One of the oh so many things I love about bridal shop happenings... the meaningful relationships. We meet a bride, she buys her wedding dress... the end, right? I sure hope not! Over the past 12 years in business, I have met some of the most amazing men and women who were once customers at some point in time.  They definitely bought more than "just a dress" or "just a service".  We make so many memories together, form a relationship and that relationship is so special!  No two customers are ever alike. You would think after 12 years it would get old.  Would it be the same day after day?  Year after year?  Same old stories, same old song and dance? Thankfully for me, it doesn't! Today's blog, I am thinking of all of our past brides who became a wifey after saying "I Do".  Perhaps the journey as a wife means you want to become a mom. Maybe you have decided you want a family with kiddos...  Maybe you are marrying into a family with children... Maybe y

New Building Under Construction Nearby!

You won't need to drive far from our current location on Debbie Lane to see us at our new building under construction! After 10 years making Debbie Lane our "home" for Say Yes to the Dress moments and memories, we reached a crossroads and made a big decision to merge the two locations while under construction.   How can we keep up with new generations and stay on the cutting edge for our two stores?   Our current lease at 1205 E Debbie Lane ended at the New Year of 2018.  We secured an awesome new property for our bridal business to focus more on customer experience, convenience and online shopping! Many of you have seen Ava's Bridal in Fort Worth grow this past year in our new building on Camp Bowie.  The space on Camp Bowie is nearly 3 times the square footage of our previous space.  This past year in our new building has been a dream come true.  We are so thankful for the response received from past, present and future customers and have grown our onl